Thursday, April 4, 2013

Blossoming Friendships



A little burro (would that be a burrito?) has acquired a cheerful friend on a beautiful spring day.

I started with a photo of a very small, very cute burro that lives in my neighborhood.  What can I do with this?  He's simply too adorable to keep to myself.  So after carefully erasing a strand of fence cutting across his body, I combined him with a background of gorgeous William Morris fabric that seems like the essence of spring to me.  Copying some of the Morris flowers one by one I strung a garland around his neck.

That was pretty cute, but rather static.  So I drew a cartoonish friend from the ubiquitous sparrows in my yard.  Okay, I know he's a very fat sparrow!  He's well-fed, all right?  :)  I gave him spring hues of orange and delicate lilac instead of his usual drab tan, and I think he likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment